22 March 2011

19. Shepherding A Child's Heart

Shepherding A Child's Heart - Tedd Tripp

A good guide to raising young children biblically.

I think the books ideas were great. I also think the author rambled a bit and made some assumptions concerning the dialog between parents a children, but overall he has good ideas.

At times I felt like I was reading parts of Steven Covey's Seven habits of Highly Effective People.  :-)

I wish there was a book like this for raising teenagers adopted from Eastern European institutions or for teenagers with Aspergers.

I'll give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. The book falls into three sections. In the first Tripp introduces the reader to formative instruction, looking at the concept through a wide lens. In the second section he zeros in on the more specific topics that form the true substance of formative instruction. And in the third section he focuses on applying formative instruction in very practical ways.

    ReplyDelete