23 December 2008

Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut - Dec 08


Hmmm...is this another science fiction novel that I say I like but I also say I don't like science fiction novels? Maybe I do like science fiction novels.

Anyway, this one I read very quickly. Why? Because I wanted to know what happened next. I have always felt that if I wanted to know what happened next then the story must be good. This one was very good and had me hooked from the beginning.

Time travel from World War II POW camps in Dresden to small towns in upstate New York to the people in the zoo on the planet Tralfamadore. All of these things happening not in turn, but simultaneously.... very interesting.

Everything that ever did or ever will happen is happening all at once and all the time and always will be and... ummm.... my brain hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment